Who Pays for a Plumber in a Strata Building?

Strata-booked plumber fixing a leaky tap

Once the roof has been repaired in your Strata building, you might be asking, now who is responsible for the plumbing? The strata corporation is typically responsible for any plumbing repairs or maintenance that needs to be carried out in a strata building. This includes hiring a professional plumber to carry out any necessary work. However, it is important to note that each strata corporation may have different rules and regulations in place regarding who is responsible for paying for plumbing repairs.

For example, some strata corporations may require that all owners contribute to a repair fund, while others may only require the owner of the unit where the problem occurred to pay for the repairs.

Some of the most common plumbing issues in strata buildings include:

1. Leaking pipes

2. Blocked drains and toilets

3. Burst water mains

4. Hot water system problems

5. Stormwater issues.

Leaking pipes are often the result of age or wear and tear and can cause extensive damage if left unchecked. Blocked drains and toilets can be a nuisance for residents and can lead to sewage backup and flooding. Burst water mains can cause significant property damage and disrupt essential services. Hot water system problems can range from lack of hot water to scalding, both of which can be dangerous. Stormwater issues can cause localised flooding and damage to properties.

It is always best to check with your strata corporation before assuming who will be responsible for paying for any plumbing repairs. Once you've checked with the relevant organistion, they might need the services of plumbers in Joondalup, WA depending on your location.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All